Check out our interesting dolphin facts. Read on, and find out more about these mammals. Did you know that there are 36 species of dolphins, 32 types of ocean dolphins and 4 types of river dolphins?
- Dolphins are cetacea marine mammals.
- Dolphins live in rivers of Asia and South America as well. They can be found in the Amazon River also.
- There are dolphins with 8 teeth and there are some with 250.
- Dolphins eat various types of fish, squid and crustaceans.
- Dolphins get all of the water they need from the fish they eat.
- A female dolphin is called a cow, while a male dolphin is called a bull.
- Dolphins use echolocation to find food and navigate.
- Dolphins are intelligent!
- Dolphins can also see very well at night, just like cats and dogs.
- Studies show that dolphins can see in shades of grey, as well as the blue-green spectrum.
- Dolphins have hair when they are first born.
- Dolphins give birth to babies underwater.
- Baby dolphins drink milk from their mothers.
- Babies stay with their mothers until they are able to search for food.
Check out some interesting facts about whales!