Ladybug facts for everyone! How much do you know about ladybugs? Here are some interesting facts regarding these cute friendly beetles, so be sure to check them out!
- As ladybugs age, the color of their spots fades.
- Ladybugs are beetles. Not all beetles are ladybugs.
- There are 5000 different varieties of ladybugs in the world.
- Ladybugs even use their feet to smell.
- Ladybugs can live up to nine months.
- Ladybugs breathe through openings on the sides of their bodies.
- While flying, a ladybug beats wings 85 times in a sec.
- A ladybug bites if you squeeze it, but the bite doesn’t hurt.
- Ladybugs leak their body fluids when attacked.
- Though most ladybugs eat insects, a few species eat plants and are considered pests.
- In its lifetime, a female ladybug will lay as many as 2,000 eggs.
- A ladybug will use its front legs to clean its head and its antennae.
- A ladybug can retract its head into its body.
- Ladybugs chew their food side to side.
- Ladybugs will play dead when threatened.
- Ladybugs may hibernate indoors but will not reproduce or lay eggs in homes.
Check our facts about birds also!