We gathered a few of our favorite information, fun facts about Albert Einstein for your amusement and edification. Check these Einstein facts, now!
- Albert was born in 1879 in Ulm, Germany.
- Albert was a fat, cuddly baby with a rather big and oddly shaped head.
- Einstein showed us how to calculate the Avogadro’s number and the size of molecules.
- In 1905 Einstein came up with the concept that light is made up of particles called photons.
- He produced perhaps one of the most famous equations ever: E = mc² (energy equals mass multiplied by the speed of light squared).
- Albert Einstein did not work directly on inventing the atomic bomb, but his name is closely associated with the bomb.
- Together with another scientist, Satyendra Bose, Einstien discovered another state of matter (Bose-Einstein Condensate).
- Einstein received a physics Nobel prize in 1921.
- “Albert Einstein” is an anagram of “Ten elite brains.” How fitting!
- Einstein was a real Cassanova!
- For all his brilliance, Einstein never learned how to drive a car.
- Einstein had an illegitimate daughter, named Liserl, with Mileva Maric whom he later married.
- Einstein never wore socks and he never used shaving soap.
- Einstein died on April 18, 1955 after suffering a burst blood vessel.
- After Einstein’s death, his brain was removed from his head without bringing in his family’s knowledge.
- Just after Albert Einstein died in 1955, the recently discovered element with atomic number 99 was named “Einsteinium” in his honor.
Check out our interesting facts about Newton!