Educating kids about proper nutrition is the first step in putting them on the right path. These fun nutrition facts can help kids make good choices most of the time!
- One can of soda contains 10 teaspoons of sugar.
- “Nutrition” is derived from the Latin “nutrie,” meaning feed, nurse, preserve, or support.
- The average American adult drinks 500 cans of soda every year.
- Salt is the most common seasoning mentioned in the Bible.
- Temperature can affect appetite. A cold person is more likely to eat more food.
- It takes 3500 calories to make a pound.
- A person will usually swallow around 250 times during dinner.
- An adult can starve to death within 8-12 weeks.
- Americans collectively consume approximately 900 billion calories each day.
- Due to poor nutrition as children, many Greeks and Romans were shorter than people today.
- Eggs contain the highest quality food protein known.
- While the practice of cannibalism does give the eaters some high-quality protein, human flesh is no more beneficial than most animal meat.
- A person will eat an average of 35 tons of food in his or her lifetime, or 1,500 pounds of food a year.
- The English are sometimes called “limeys” because British sailors would eat limes to stave off scurvy.
Check out some facts related to biology!