Mention this European city and the Fall of the Berlin Wall comes to mind for many people.
But apart from the famous Wall, there are many other interesting and fun facts about this dynamic city that most people probably aren’t aware of. Here’s just a few of them:
- This town has around 1,700 bridges, easily beating even Venice.
- The first set of traffic lights in Europe was put into service in Potsdamer Platz in 1924. A replica of the lights can still be admired there today.
- Berlin is the most multi-cultural city in Germany. Its 3.5 million inhabitants include over 470,000 residents with foreign passports. People from over 184 nations are long-term residents in the city.
- With 175 museums, this city is said to have more museums than rainy days.
- With four universities, four art schools and ten technical colleges, and around 134,000 students, Berlin is Germany’s biggest university city. In addition there are around 130 non-university research facilities.
Download this fantastic coloring page about Berlin, Germany and enjoy yourself!