Check out some interesting and cool facts about Hungary we collected for you here, on KidspressMagazine!
- The official name of Hungary is ‘Hungarian Republic’.
- Hungary is one of the oldest countries in Europe; it was founded in 895 AD.
- The official language of Hungary is Hungarian.
- The estimated population in Hungary is about 10 million.
- The largest city in Hungary, Budapest, is also its capital and its cultural, economic and industrial center.
- Hungary has two major rivers: Danube and Tisza.
- World’s largest geothermal cave system is found in Hungary.
- Goulash stew is a famous Hungarian dish and paprika (ground red peppers), is also a Hungarian innovation.
- The famous Lake Balaton is situated here, which is the largest one in entire Central Europe.
- Hungary played a vital role in facilitating the collapse of communism in the Eastern Europe.
- Germany is Hungary’s largest economic partner.
- Hungary has a very long tradition of classical music. It is commonly combined with folkloric elements.
- A total of thirteen Hungarians have received a Nobel Prize. This is more than China, Japan, Australia, India, and Spain!
- Hungarians were the inventors of a few amazing things such as the Rubik’s Cube, ball point pens and holography.
- Hungary receives over 10 million visitors or tourists per year.