United States, the country known to the most powerful in the world, it has some interesting facts. See if you knew these fascinating facts about America.
- United States is 3rd most populous country in the world.
- The population of the United States is 307 million.
- The capital of the nation is Washington, District of Columbia (Washington, D.C.).
- The United States is divided into 50 states. The states are all in different shapes and sizes.
- The most interesting fact about United States is that there is no official language in the country.
- 32% of all land in the US is owned by the federal government.
- The Statue of Liberty was a gift from France in 1884.
- Hollywood, America is considered to be the movie capital of the world.
- The USA is a top producer of corn, soy beans, rice, and wheat.
- The United States is the fattest country in the world with 33% of the population being obese.
- The “Big Four” sports are baseball, American football, ice hockey, and basketball.
- The United States debt per person is $45,000 USD.
- Americans throw away 133,000 personal computers every day.
- The average American works 1,804 hours each year.
- Maine sees the sunrise before the whole U.S. every day.
- The biggest popcorn plant is located in Iowa.
- The U.S. has a large tourist industry, ranking third in the world.
- In 1893 an amendment was proposed to rename the US to the United States of Earth.
- The Moon was proposed to be the 51st State of the USA.
- There are 3,778 Americans claiming asylum in other countries because they feel persecuted by the USA.
Find out more interesting facts about Germany!