Mother Teresa, the name which inspires everyone to help poor and hungry people of the world. Here are some interesting facts about this amazing woman!
- Mother Teresa was bor on August 26, 1910 in Uskub, Ottoman Empire (now Republic of Macedonia).
- She was fighting for the rights of the sick and helpless.
- Mother Teresa was the smallest nun in her convent. She was 5’ tall.
- She formed the Missionaries of Charity.
- Mother Teresa’s white sari with blue stripes only cost $1.
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity at the time of her death had 610 missions in 123 countries.
- Mother Teresa established homes for people who had no place to live.
- One of Mother Teresa’s most notable works was the establishment of a center for people with AIDS.
- When she used to travel in airplanes she used to collect leftover food from people on the plane.
- Mother Teresa was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979.
- She received numerous awards for all her charity work including the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- Mother Teresa told Princess Diana “to heal other people you must suffer yourself.”
- Mother Teresa died on 5 September 1997, in Calcutta, India.
- Mother Teresa has been beatified by the Catholic Church.
- Albania’s international airport is named after her, the Aeroporti Nene Tereza.
Check out our amazing facts about Mahatma Gandhi!