Here is a list of fun fish facts. Read on, memorize and amaze your friends or family members with these interesting facts about fishes!
- Fishes are cold-blooded animal which lives and breathes in water.
- Most fish have a skeleton made of bone but some, like sharks, have a skeleton made of cartilage.
- The largest fish in the world is the whale shark, which can grow up to 41 feet long.
- Most fish are counter shaded: darker on top, gradually lighter or silver on their sides and brightest on their bellies.
- The toothless catfish is not really toothless.
- Jellyfishes are mainly made up of water and protein, also they do not have a brain.
- The fastest fish are Sailfish and Wahoo. Their speed can exceed 90 kph.
- The most poisonous fish in the world is the Stonefish, a master of camouflage.
- The electric eel has an average discharge of 400 volts.
- Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sexual intercourse for fun.
- There are 28 species of clown fish.
- Female piranhas can lay up to 5000 eggs.