Be sure to check out our range of fun parrot facts for kids. We collected the most interesting facts about parrots, which you can easily share and pass on to your friends and family members.
- There are more then 300 of parrot species.
- The lifespan of parrots is around 80 years.
- Parrots are omnivores – they eat meat and vegetables.
- Parrots cannot eat chocolate because it is poisonous to their body.
- Parrots are the only birds that can pick up their food with their feet.
- The largest parrot is the Hyacinth Macaw, and the smallest parrot is the Pacific Parrotlet.
- In the wild, parrots live in flocks and communicate with loud screeching and squawking sounds.
- All parrots are zygodactyls, meaning they have four toes on each foot, two pointing forward and two projecting backward.
- Parrots are the only animals that are capable of mimicking human speech.
- One more interesting fact is parrots do not have vocal chords.
- Parrots usually sleep standing on one leg.
- Parrots mate for life – they are monogamous birds.
- All species of parrots lay white eggs.
Check out some interesting facts about birds!