Get information, interesting facts about Antoine Laurent Lavoisier at Kidspress magazine. Lavoisier facts, read on!
- Antoine Laurent Lavoisier was born in Paris on Aug. 26, 1743.
- Lavoisier is a Father of modern chemistry.
- Lavoisier showed that all substances can exist in the three stages of matter.
- Antoine Lavoisier is famous for the oxygen theory of combustion.
- To show that respiration is combustion, he once packed a pig in ice and measured the amount of melt water that was produced by body heat.
- Lavoisier also discovered the role of oxygen in the rusting of iron.
- He found out that oxygen reacted with hydrogen forming a molecule of water.
- He discovered elements, formulated a basic law of chemistry and helped create the metric system.
- Lavoisier was the first scientist to outline the law of conservation of mass.
- Lavoisier was awarded a medal by King Louis XIII for his street lamp design.
- Lavoisier worked as well to improve economic and social conditions in France.
Lavoisier was so serious about his work that he put himself on a milk and bread diet to spend less time eating, and more time researching.
- He was eventually executed in on 8 May 1794.
Check out our interesting facts about Nikola Tesla!