Share this interesting scorpion facts with your classmates or friends. They will be thrilled for sure. Find out more about this little, but powerful animal by reading on!
- There are about 2,000 species of scorpions, all of them are venomous.
- The largest scorpions are about 9.8 inches (25 centimeters) long, and the smallest are about 1.2 inches (3 centimeters).
- The average lifespan in the wild for the scorpion is 3 to 8 years.
- Some scorpions have up to 10 eyes, though they can’t see very well.
- Scorpions can only consume a liquid diet. The venom they inject into prey allows the insides to be turned into liquid that they suck out.
- After mating, a female scorpion might become aggressive and kill and eat the male scorpion.
- The young are called Scorplings.
- A mother scorpion might even eat her offspring if she became hungry.
- Scorpions are nocturnal, sleeping during the day and coming out at night to hunt for food.
- Scorpions glow under ultraviolet light.
- Scorpions can survive being in a freezer overnight!
Check out some interesting facts about bats!