This article is full of interesting and helpful recycling facts. They can help you add some flavor to your reports, spice up your presentations, or be just for fun
- In the United States alone there are 4 million plastic bottles used every hour.
- The average person generates over 4 pounds of trash every day and about 1.5 tons of solid waste per year.
- Metal is the easiest “element” to recycle and it is used in everything.
- We generate 21.5 million tons of food waste each year.
- Every ton of paper that is recycled saves 17 trees.
- Over 75% of waste is recyclable, but we only recycle about 30% of it.
- Aluminum cans can be recycled and ready to use in just 6 weeks.
- Recycling one aluminum can saves enough electricity to run a TV for 3 hours.
- Glass is 100% recyclable and can be used again and again.
- Cigarette butts and filters take 12 years to biodegrade.
- Recycling one ton of cardboard saves over nine cubic yards of landfill space.
- It takes 24 trees to make 1 ton of newspaper.
- Each year, Americans throw out enough soda pop cans bottles to reach to the moon and back—twenty times.
- It takes a 15-year-old tree to produce 700 grocery bags.
- Plastic can take up to 500 years to decompose.
What do you say about these recycling facts?